There are a number of key differences between CBD and THC that you should be aware of. Despite its many benefits, many people are still hesitant to try CBD oil because they think it is indistinguishable from THC. In this article we will outline some of the basic differences between these two natural compounds. The more you learn about what CBD actually is, the more likely you will be to try it. Lots of people have benefited from Cannabidiol because of everything it has to offer.
While CBD and THC both have the same number of carbon atoms, hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms, one atom is arranged differently in these two compounds. This means that there is only the tiniest chemical difference, but it matters quite a bit. These compounds have separate molecular structures, so they have different effects on the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain.
Affects on the Body
When you consume THC, you get the “high” feeling that is typically associated with smoking marijuana. This is due to THC’s psychoactive properties, which are not present in CBD. While THC acts on the brain’s CB1 receptors, CBD does not. This means that if you consume CBD oil, you won’t experience a noticeably altered mental state. CBD offers a lot of the same benefits of THC, but without the high.
Those who are interested in using CBD oil should keep in mind that it cannot contain more than 0.2% THC, which is typically not a problem. Most of these oil products contain an extremely low amount of THC if any. It is important, however, to do your research on each product before buying it. Cannabidiol itself is completely legal in the UK and readily available from merchants such as HealthWorld.co.uk.
CBD and THC are two compounds that offer a lot of potential health benefits. Numerous studies have proven that CBD in particular can be beneficial for people with many different health problems and conditions.
Some of the health problems CBD can help with include:
- Inflammatory conditions: Cannabidiol or CBD has some very powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can be helpful for people who suffer from arthritis and other conditions.
- Pain: A lot of people use CBD as a natural means of dealing with pain. Studies have shown that it can be very useful in dealing with migraines and pain that comes from cancer.
- Depression: Those who are looking for a natural way to manage their depression might find that CBD oil can be helpful. While it doesn’t get you high, it can have a relaxing effect.
- Anxiety: If you suffer from anxiety issues, this compound can help keep your symptoms under control. It is an effective way of managing a complex condition.
- Seizures: Some people with seizure disorders have found great success in treating their conditions by consuming CBD oil on a regular basis. The anti-seizure properties of this compound have been documented in multiple clinical studies.
Some of the health problems that THC can help with include:
- Insomnia: A lot of people have successfully used THC to help with their insomnia. It can induce drowsiness, making it easier to get a better night’s sleep.
- Nausea: People who have digestive problems or are undergoing chemotherapy treatment may find that THC can be helpful in treating nausea.
- Pain: Just like CBD, this compound has been found to be incredibly effective at reducing certain types of pain.
It is important to keep in mind that both THC and CBD can show up on most standard drug tests for up to several weeks after they are consumed. This largely depends on the drug test that is being used. Most drug tests will be sensitive to THC but not CBD. Because some CBD oil does contain trace amounts of THC, you should still test positive for it. If you know you will have to submit to a drug test, it is a good idea to not take CBD at all until afterwards. This oil comes from hemp, which produces a small amount of THC.
The Bottom Line
The fact is that while THC and CBD do share some similar facets, they are essentially two completely different compounds. There are different laws regarding these compounds, but they don’t act the same way at all. CBD doesn’t have any psychoactive properties like THC does, and it’s generally very safe for a majority of people. It is still a good idea to talk with your doctor before using CBD oil just in case. This supplement has helped a lot of people in a number of ways. When you fully understand the differences between these compounds, you will be able to make the right decision about which ones to use in your daily life.